Jorge Gonzales is the Program Controls Division Director for the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, responsible for a team of project control specialists that perform budget development, cost control, change management, risk management, scheduling and document control tasks for construction projects at Miami International Airport and Miami-Dade County’s four general aviation airports.
Mr. Gonzales has more than 21 years of experience in the areas of project controls, project management, scheduling, cost control, estimating, claims and document control.
Prior to joining the Aviation Department, Gonzales served as a senior scheduler and cost engineer for a major engineering firm, where he developed and maintained cost-loaded schedules for infill projects. He also served as a project manager for a major engineering firm where he performed project management for the Eastern Port Boulevard Extension Project, Terminals B & C Renovations, and facilitated coordination for Port of Miami tenant projects. Additionally, Gonzales was a senior program scheduler with a major consulting firm where he developed work orders, service orders, change control requests, change orders, bi-weekly and monthly reports for DAC and MDAD upper management.
Gonzales’ experience also includes serving as a scheduler, project manager, safety manager and estimator for various construction companies and a major local resort.
Gonzales earned a bachelor’s degree in construction management from Florida International University and a master’s degree in business administration from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. He also holds numerous professional certificates.
Meet the Leaders
Director / Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Development
- Facilities Management and Engineering
- Governmental Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airports (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Capital Finance
- Civil Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Customer Initiatives
- Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance - Planning, Engineering and Construction
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Policy and External Affairs
- Professional Compliance
- Program Controls
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Real Estate Management and Development
- Small Business
- Terminal Maintenance
- Terminal Operations
- Utilities Maintenance